Friday, August 26, 2011

Breydon's 1 Year Check-Up

Its was an odd day from the beginning.

Every morning, around 6:30, Breydon is up for the day. Michael has to be up at 7 anyway, so he usually gets up with him and gives hims breakfast and gets him entertained with whatever is on Playhouse Disney. I get a little more time to sleep. So usually around 7:30 when Mike leaves, I get up and take over with Brey. Well this morning as SOON as I got up, Breydon was ready for a nap. Only an hour after waking up for the day. So I layed him down, and he slept for 2 and a half hours. On a normal day, he will take a nap at nine, and get up around ten. So it was weird from the start. My sister came to watch him today while I was in class, and he took another short nap for her! Must have not slept well alst night or something.

We went to his appointment, and all was well. He was 23.12 pounds, and 30 inches long. They didnt give me exact numbers, but his height was in the 50th percentile, and his weight was in the 60th. I dont remember his head measurment, but it was in the 80th percentile. ;) The doctor came in, and asked me a bunch of questions, like... can he walk, does he point, is he on whole milk, is he eating table food ect. I laughed when he asked me if Breydon could stack blocks. Im sure he could stack blocks if he wanted to, but to Breydon, blocks of all types are hammers. I couldnt picture him sitting nicely with blocks and stacking them. Just made me chuckle. :D

So he got his 3 shots... (did you know that they have a vaccine for chicken pox now?? I didnt- until today!) and then they gave me an order to have bloodwork done in the next 2-3 weeks. I figured that it would be better to give him ONE bad day, instead of a few of them (He's got a flu shot next month sometime too). So we went and did that today. Poor kid didnt have a very good time at the doctors offices today. :(

You can see the 3 band-aides on his legs, and the one on his arm where they drew the vile of blood. He was a trooper today!
After a while of playing with toys, and a good hour nap, we had dinner. Spaghetti and chocolate cake make everything MUCH better. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment