Monday, June 20, 2011

FIRST KISSES

Breydon was TEN months old on Sunday. Cliche, I know, but where has the time gone?  Seems like just yesterday that I was laying in the delivery room, waiting, holding my breath until I knew he could breathe.

Seems like just yesterday they handed him to me and then took him away. I hardly had time to kiss him.

 Seems like just yesterday that they told me that I could finally bring him home, and I was so proud of him.

I forget how hard it was to see him with all the wires. And the alarms. And every night when I was leaving, I would pray that God would keep him alive for me until I was able to come back. And before I left his room, EVERY time, I waited for his stats to go back up to where I felt comfortable leaving.

Now he's sitting next to me eating macaroni, making a mess, being big, like nothing ever happened.
I tell myself that if I had to do it a second time, have a NICU baby, that it would be easier because I would know what things were and I would know the answer to all of my "scared mommy" questions. But I dont know if thats true. Its scary just because the person you created, and love most in the world is helpess and sick. And theres nothing a mommy can do, even tho every instict in my body says differently. I wouldnt take ANY of it back, or have done anything differently, because otherwise I wouldnt have Breydon. But I pray to God that I don't have to do that again.

Sorry- I wasnt planning on writing about that. I wanted to write about Mr. Breydon's first kiss!!
Theres a little girl in the nursery with Breydon, and her name is Baylee. Shes a little over a year old, but the same size as Brey. When I took Breydon into the nursery on Sunday, I sat him down in the middle of a gazillion toys. Baylee walked up to him, and he looked up at her. She patted him on the head and smiled at him. He just looked at her. She sat down next to him, then she gave him a big kiss. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... Breydon attempted to pull her hair. It was the cutest thing ever! Michaels going to have to work with him on how to treat ladies... and how to get them to like you... when hes about 16 years older. ;) He's going to be a heartbreaker alright!

This is the only shot I could get, because I was trying to intercept hair pulling, which was about to happen again in this picture...


And then, another thing that is worth talking about is that Michael got me and Breydon a new car to drive around in!! I LOVEEEEE it! Its much more roomy than the cobalt. I loved the cobalt, but it wasnt very practical with the carseat, and thinking long term.

And this picture is just for fun, because he looks so grown up!



K thats all! I probably wont write again untill vacation... so wish us luck!! We might need it... ;)

2 comments:

  1. You're post almost made me cry!! I love you and your son so much!! I can't believe how big he's getting as well! Definitely doesn't seem like he should be 10 months already! Or getting his first kiss. :P
    Keep me updated on vaca okay??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might wonder where 10 months went, but looking at the pics and seeing you with your gorgeous son on you hip, proudly beaming over your mini-van (is it a mini van or a big car?) makes me wonder where 15 YEARS went :-) Where did little Meagan who scalped her Barbies and didn't want to be in bed go? And when did she become a Mom? Sigh... :-) What a great adult you've grown into. BTW my gerbera daisy is doing well and putting up new baby daisy shoots!

    ReplyDelete