Sunday, June 5, 2011

best. wedding. ever.

Its June. Which means that its wedding season! And this is especially exciting this year, because our friends got married on Saturday!

I met Matt at church my freshman year in college. So about 4 years ago. He was in Warsaw every other semester interning at a local company, and then going to school at Purdue the other semesters. While he WASNT in Warsaw entertaining me and Jenna, he was back in Lafayette, falling in love with Emily!!! :D

Their wedding was absolutely beautiful!!! The ceremony went perfectly, Emily looked completely radiant, and Matthew was the nervous groom, as grooms should be ((When brides walk down the isle, as beautiful as they are, I love to look at the groom. The look on their faces says EVERYTHING)).

-ANYWAY-

Right as they were finishing up, the sky to the north was looking very dark and we were starting to hear thunder. It was kind of romantic... a lightening storm off in the distance. I LOVED it. But then I absolutely love storms. I have to say, that I was slightly jealous. ;) After the ceremony we went through e pretty round barn, and into the tent where the reception would be held. As we were getting seated it started raining. Nothing big- Just rain. To make a long story short... a big storm came through and was threatening to blow the tent away. I will never ever forget the picture of a bunch of men, holding the poles of the tent to the ground. ;)

The toasts had just begun, Emilys sister was probably like, halfway through saying what she had to say and the DJ told us that we had to evacuate the tent. So all... 300? of us got up and made our way to the barn. We huddled together in there, and literally, no longer than 2 minutes later the tent collapsed. The rain appeared to be falling sideways. People were grouped up praying together, and one section of people was even singing Amazing Grace. It was neat to see/hear. The power went out shortly after that... and then someone decided that sicne the tent was collapsed, and the DJ's equipment was underneath the tent, that the reception was over. Michael and Jenna and I eventually ran in the pouring rain to the car. We were absolutley soaked, and I loved every. single. minute. of this wedding.

I was thinking about it today and their wedding was kinda true to what marriage is like in real life. Michael and I did not plan on having a baby exactly 8 months after we said "I do". But it happened. We didnt plan on a lot of things in our marriage. But God did. And God's idea of how things should go, is ALWAYS more sweeter and much more memorable than anything that we could ever plan on our own. It would have been ideal for things to go smoothly, and without a hitch. But seriously. How memorable of a day will this day be for them?! So much fun.

Congratualtions Matt and Emily Munsterman!!!

***
 The happy couple!
 Another happy couple. ;)
Jenna and I lived together for 2 years? And we've known each other for... 13 years?? And we have taken HOW MANY PICTURES over those years? This one is by far my favorite. Love you Bean! If you ever need me to sing you the "Its Okay" song again, just let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I'll letcha know if I ever need the It's Okay song. :)
    Love ya Meagie!

    ReplyDelete