Friday, July 15, 2011

Breydon likes to take showers with mommy (because he can splash and crawl on the bottom of the tub without worrying about going under the water. Plus, its just faster than doing two separate baths. ANYWAY) It made me kinda sad, because I was remembering his first little bath in the NICU where they didnt even rinse his shampoo out of his hair, because the water on his head would make him too cold.  (And at this point he was working really hard to regulate his body temperature, so we didnt want to make it harder) So they rubbed the shampoo in and left it. I remember thinking it was weird. Brey loves when I wash his hair. He always gets the biggest smile. Actually, the whole time he's in the shower he looks at me, wide-eyed and open mouthed, because he discovered the water on the wall, or the little pool of water by the drain. It looks like he's thinking, "Do you see this, Momma?!" I love him.

Im not sure what it is. Maybe its beacause he turns one next month. Maybe its because this time last year we almost had to deliver my baby 10 weeks early. Or maybe a combination. But I keep finding myself thinking lots about Breydon at the beginning. How far he's come from all the tubes.

In February, right after we found out that he was on the way, I wrote in my prayer/praide book from the Howett's. I wrote that I was scared, but that I knew God wouldnt have given this tiny baby to me, if he didnt think I could do it. And I wrote that I hoped I could meet Breydon some day, but even if I never got the chance, I was thankful for him. God showed me that I could deal with much more than just a baby. I could even handle a sick baby, and a baby with a heart condition. And all in all, I think I do a pretty good job. He's growing, he's happy, he's smart, and more than anything, hes LOVED. Its sad to watch him grow up, but I can't wait to see what God is going to do with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment