Monday, February 28, 2011

A Little Good, With the Bad

Brey has a cold. Sneezing, coughing, runny/stuffy nose (I never understand how that can be), trouble sleeping and eating, slight fever, the works. I called his pediatrician to ask what I could do to help keep him comfortable. Apparently I'm already doing it all (being the excellent mom that I am :) and so I just have to let it run its course. But the nurse did say, that in light of the RSV cases in town, and the fact that he was premature, and that he has all of the symptoms of RSV (minus the high fever), that if his temp rises half of a degree I have to either take him to the doctors office (if its open) or the ER (if its not). FUN! I'm half anticipating having to go to the ER tonight... seeing as that's how things seem to work around here. But then again, since I'm expecting something maybe it won't happen. Usually we are blindsided by bad news. :) Its kinda frustrating tho, because Michael and I pay thousands of dollars for these synegis shots... and if he ends up getting RSV anyway, its like a waste of money that COULD have been spent paying off all of his other medical bills!! Oh well... :)

On a good note, RIGHT AFTER I talked to the nurse at the doctors office about all THAT junk... his cardiologist called. They got the info from his last monitor download, and it was CLEAR!!!! Despite the alarms going off FIVE times! I think I wrote something a few posts ago about how his monitor setting should have been adjusted 3 months ago, but weren't... and so they were coming to fix it, la dee dah... well apparently they looked at it under the correct settings, and it was clear. :) So..... they are discontinuing his monitor!!!! YAY!!! No more!! I am BEYOND excited about this. Ive been waiting for this since the day he came home. When I was talking to the cardiologist, I was feeling all giddy. :) I am SO happy for him! And proud of him! He's healthy! And best of all, they don't make button up sleepers in size 18 months, Ive looked almost everywhere. They all zip. Which we couldn't use before at night time, because the cords from his monitor has to come out of his PJ's by his little diaper butt. But now that we wont be having cords.........!! YAY! ((Should I say it one more time??? YAY!!!!!) So anyway... I was about to be discouraged, and then God sent me a pick-me-up. ;)

Ive finally got Breydon sleeping. He's upright in his swing, swinging, next to a warm mist humidifier. Seems to be helping. SO, while he's not needed to cling to mommy (for who knows how long) I'm going to go do something other than hold a clingy baby.

Lastly, I am SO thankful for my professors. They are soo willing to work with me when Breydon is sick and I can't be there... or when my sitter has something else to do and I can't find someone else to watch him. They have excused all my absences, let me make things up, and turn this in late... its sooooo helpful. One of my profs even said that Breydon is welcome to come to class with me if I needed him to!! I would LOVE to show him off, but I think that we would be a huge disturbance, with his new found voice. He'd talk and squeal through the whole thing, and then naturally, because he's so darn cute... no one would be paying attention. So. I think Ill just stay home and save everyone else the trouble. ;) ;) ;)
But seriously though, I really REALLY appreciate them working with me. It makes going to back to school with a 6 month old very very do-able.

No comments:

Post a Comment