Thursday, January 5, 2012

An Ali/Medical Post... Christmas Post Later!!

The week before Christmas, I had to go to Labor and Delivery at KCH, because I was having contractions evrey 3-4 minutes. At 29 weeks... thats obviously not something that is welcomed. So.... I was there for 6 hours hooked up to a monitor. They checked me to see if I was dialating, and I was at 1 cm. The nurse told me that I wasnt in labor at that point, I was just having what was called irritable contractions. They gave me a shot of Morphine in my hip to stop them, and after that my contractions turned into true labor contractions. Longer and stronger. After another few hours of laying there, they went back to irritable contractions, and I was able to go home, still having irritable contractions. I saw doctor Wheeler the next day to check in. I had not progressed any more, and I was advised to stay close to my doctors over the holidays. So we ended up staying in Warsaw for Christmas. It was quite the change in plans, and shook up alot of plans, but it was actually nice to have a calm, chaos-free holiday. No running around, no rush, just nice and calm. :)

As of my last appointment, a Valentines Day baby is seeming like a long-shot. Right now we are aiming to just get through the month of January. My blood pressure hasnt been good for a while now. My next appt is on the 18th. He is going to decide then, if we need the steroid shots for her lungs or not. I am going to ask for them regardless. Im guessing that she'll be born more toward the beginning of February. If we can just make it to the 5th, Ill be one happy camper. Dupont's policy, is that if any baby is born before 36 weeks, a NICU team has to be presnt at birth, and they baby has to go to the NICU automatically for observation. But after the 5th, theres a really good chance she can just stay with me.

Aaaaaaaaand yesterday during her ultrasound, the first thing he said when he looked at her, was "it looks like she already has a full head of hair!". I remember talking about Breydon's hair before he was born... unfortunately none of the pretty hair he had at birth stuck around for long... but maybe Ali's will. :)

Thats all for now. Ill do a Christmas post soon, and then Ill update again after our next appointment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment