Thursday, April 28, 2011

Not for BREAKFAST!

So... I have been TRYING to get Breydon to eat something solid. SOMEHTING! ANYTHING! So I bought a step 3 gerber baby food. Lasagna and meat sauce. There were tiny tiny pieces of noodles. I was SO FRICKIN excited to have him try it. I bought it at night after he had already eaten dinner so I had to wait to give it to him the next day. When I woke up the next morning to feed him breakfast (usually he gets yogurt), I had to LITERALLY, talk myself out of giving it to him for breakfast. The conversation with myself went something like this:

"Meagan... you wouldnt want lasagna and meat sauce for breakfast... you should wait."
----PAUSE while staring at the cupboard.
"No, but really. You need to wait. Thats a really gross breakfast."
--- Turn to look at Breydon.
"What do you think Mr. Breydon? Want lasagna?"
--- No responce, but he's staring at me with big eyes, waiting for his breakfast.
(to Breydon) "Lasagna? Yeah? You want lasagna? --PAUSE-- No? FINE. Mommy will wait."
(to myself) "This is ridiculous. Are you really doing this right now? Yogurt. You are giving him yogurt."

I did end up waiting the 4 hours until lunch time. I was so excited, and it was extremely uneventful. He hated it!! Spit out every last bit... PLUS some. He wasnt havin' it. We compromised and he had carrots or something else that was orange. Sad day.

Oh well!! Rest assured... I WILL try again!! ...just not for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment