Friday, September 3, 2010

Today is your day! You're off to great places, you're off and away! -Dr. Seuss

Finally, we are home (last Tuesday... or maybe it was Wednesday) after 12 days in the NICU. It was exhausting, and stressful, but the time went quickly. Our nurses and doctors were all wonderful, which really helped!! HOWEVER Im glad that's over, and I hope to never experience that again. :)

Breydon had his first pediatrician appointment on Thursday. He lost a little weight, which apparently is to be expected... but other than that he's a healthy boy! We go back NEXT Thursday just for a weight check. Hopefully we have a gain, or he may have to be formula fed for a while. :( He's taking about 2 ounces every 3 hours.

Im contemplating taking Brey to church on Sunday. His NICU doctor said that we could... we are supposed to be treating him like a normal newborn. My only hesitations are the germs from so many people. I want to show him off, but I don't want people touching him. But my MAIN concern is his monitor. I think Brey would just sleep through church... so his monitor shouldn't screech... but I don't want him to be disruptive. So I guess we shall see.

Breydon is an EXCELLENT baby. He's not fussy at ALL... just gets wiggley when he needs something. Other than that he quietly looks around or sleeps. I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment